CPAN® and CAPA® Certification:
Nursing Passion in Action®
The American Board of Perianesthesia Nursing Certification, Inc. (ABPANC) is responsible for developing, sponsoring and managing the CPAN and CAPA nursing certification programs. These national professional certification programs are designed for registered nurses caring for patients who have experienced sedation, analgesia and anesthesia in a hospital or ambulatory care facility.
Registration for Fall Exams Will Close September 6.
CPAN and CAPA Exams will be administered October 3 – November 25.
The Fall 2016 Recertification window is open through October 31.
Join an elite group of experienced nursing colleagues who collectively serve to promote quality patient care.LEARN MORE
Maintain your CPAN or CAPA certification with knowledge of the most current best practices.LEARN MORE
CPAN® and CAPA® are nationally accredited and recognized credentials that validate your specialized knowledge as a Perianesthesia nurse.
The Benefits of CPAN® and CAPA® Certification
Join an elite group of experienced nursing colleagues who collectively serve to promote quality patient care while enhancing the awareness and respect of Perianesthesia Nursing.
- Reflects commitment to perianesthesia nursing and quality patient care
- Increased professional credibility with patients and their loved ones
- Validation of current knowledge, experience and commitment to life-long learning
- Strong sense of achievement, personal pride and increased self esteem
- Gives a competitive edge in the job market
As of July 11, 2016, ABPANC has changed its testing vendor to PSI Services, LLC for the delivery of the CPAN and CAPA certification examinations.