Welcome to ABPANC’s online news resource — CertificatioNEWS. Click the links below for the latest updates.
- Letters to the President
- Future Examination Deadlines
- ABPANC Annual Report
- Important Information for Individuals Teaching CPAN/CAPA Examination Review Courses
- Join the Certification League Now! We Need Coaches!
- Send Us a Picture!
- Choosing to be Certified May Increase Earning Potential
- Earn Contact Hours Without Spending Any Money
- Do You Have a Question Regarding ASPAN Membership or Programs?
- Percentage of Candidates Passing the CPAN and CAPA Examinations:
- October/November 2016 — 61% passed CPAN; 66% passed CAPA
- April/May 2016 — 66% passed CPAN; 64% passed CAPA
- October/November 2015 — 67% passed CPAN; 66% passed CAPA
- April/May 2015 — 69% passed CPAN; 68% passed CAPA
- October/November 2014 — 68% passed CPAN; 61% passed CAPA
- April/May 2014 — 65% passed CPAN; 61% passed CAPA
- October/November 2013 — 61% passed CPAN; 55% passed CAPA
- April/May 2013 — 69% passed CPAN; 67% passed CAPA
- October/November 2012 — 68% passed CPAN; 68% passed CAPA
- April/May 2012 — 74% passed CPAN; 65% passed CAPA
- Percentage of CPAN and CAPA Certified Nurses Who Recertified:
- July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016: 76% of CPANs and 77% of CAPAs due to recertify did so.
- July 1, 2014 – June 30, 2015: 79% of CPANs and 81% of CAPAs due to recertify did so.
- July 1, 2013 – June 30, 2014: 80% of CPANs and 82% of CAPAs due to recertify did so.
- July 1, 2012 – June 30, 2013: 81% of both CPANs and CAPAs due to recertify did so.
- Did You Tell Us… That You Moved? Or Changed Your Email Address
- Share Your Story
- Facing Retirement/Unable to Renew Your CPAN or CAPA Credential?
- Board of Directors 2016 – 2017
- Need to Earn Contact Hours for Recertification — Take the Online CPAN and/or CAPA Practice Examinations
- Visit ABNS/ABSNC Web site
- Looking for a comprehensive bibliography about certification? Click Here for the ABNS Certification Bibliography with is updated yearly.
ABPANC believes CPAN® and CAPA® certified nurses and potential candidates should have access to as much information about the certification process as possible. To achieve this goal, ABPANC updates and publishes, ABPANC Hot Button Issues. The document summarizes key ABPANC decisions and provides a rationale for the decisions made. The latest summary discusses the following questions/subjects:
- Why don’t we have a retired status?
- Why is there no pediatric exam?
- What references should I study?
- and many more
Timely Topics — August 2016