ABPANC relies on the knowledge and expertise of CPAN® and CAPA®-certified nurses to guide our organization’s future efforts. There are many opportunities for certified nurses to get involved with the ABPANC community.
As an ABPANC Volunteer, you have the unique opportunity at the national level to contribute to the development of the CPAN and CAPA programs that recognize and promote excellence in perianesthesia nursing practice and, most importantly, are in the best interest of perianesthesia patients and their families.
Further, you have an opportunity to:
- as nurses, give back to a profession that you’ve built a career on;
- as Public Members, give a voice to the needs and expectations of perianesthesia patients and their families;
- ensure the quality of care delivered and make a positive difference in patient outcomes;
- influence national standards and practice;
- advocate for perianesthesia patients and their loved ones at a global level beyond your immediate environment;
- grow professionally in areas you’re not exposed to every day;
- network nationally with colleagues beyond the walls of your own workplace;
- be recognized as a national leader within your profession; and
- collaborate with other national professional organizations and their leaders.
If you have questions about ABPANC volunteer opportunities contact Bonnie Niebuhr, MS, RN, CAE, ABPANC’s Chief Executive Officer at at email@example.com.
July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016 Examination Construction Committee